Completed the 80-Hour Introductory Course and Final Exam:
$20 per module - $500 total.
Did not complete the 80-Hour Introductory Course and Final Exam:
$30 per module - $750 total.
The first module "Welcome to Sleep Technology" is FREE. Discounts are offered to trainees who have completed the A-STEP 80-Hour Introductory Course and passed the final exam.
Payment can be completed online by credit card or by check mailed to the AASM National Office.
All charges are non-refundable.
About the Modules
The online self-study modules consist of approximately 60-minute video presentations followed by a ten question post-test. To begin, trainees must Register an A-STEP account. Based on your pathway, once all modules have been completed you have finished the education portion and qualify as a technologist in training. Trainees are encouraged to complete the modules while they receive 18 months of supervised, on-the-job training from an accredited sleep facility.
The ABSM and BRPT require all trainees to complete the A-STEP program within 36 consecutive months (three years) of sitting for the registry exams.
- Modules are completed in sequential order and will expire within 36 months (three years) from date of registration.
- Trainees will have access to review the module presentations prior to the expiration date. To receive access, the module post-test MUST be completed and passed with a score of 70% or higher.
- Post-tests are designed to ensure trainees have watched the entire video presentation. Questions and answers from the post-test cannot be shared.
- Based on your registry pathway, it’s recommended to complete the 80-Hour Introductory Course and final exam prior to beginning the modules.
- Trainees that complete the 80-Hour Introductory Course and final exam will receive a discount on the modules.
Who completes the online modules?
- Sleep technologist trainees who have passed the AASM A-STEP 80-Hour Introductory Course.
- Candidates for the American Board of Sleep Medicine Sleep Technologist Registry Examination (RST) or the Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) Exam.
- All unregistered technologists employed at AASM accredited facilities that do not have the following credentials: RST, RPSGT, CPSGT, respiratory therapists with the sleep disorders specialist certification (either CRT-SDS or RRT-SDS).
- Experienced technologists who wish to sharpen their skills and review the most up-to-date information.
- Technologists that completed the A-STEP program in previous years that are required to retake the modules by either their Registry or State Medical Board.
All trainees and technologists will receive 1 AASM Continuing Education Credit per module.
Trainees or Technologists required to retake Self-Study Modules must Register a new A-STEP account.