About the Modules
A-STEP Toward Completing Your Education
The Online Self-Study Modules for the Accredited Sleep Technologist Education Program are designed to promote the standardization of education and training for sleep technologists by equipping trainees with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the profession of sleep technology.
The Online Self-Study Modules consist of a series of interactive learning components, each of which is followed by a brief set of post-test questions. After successful completion of a module, individuals can claim the associated CEC, resulting in a total of 26 CEC available upon completion of the module series. Individuals have access to the modules for three years from the date of account registration to freely review and reference as they prepare for a sleep technologist certification exam (e.g., RST or RPSGT/CPSGT).
See below for a preview of the A-STEP Online Self-Study Modules!
Upon completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of a sleep technologist
- Describe the tasks performed by a sleep technologist during a sleep study.
- Identify multiple scoring waveforms and sleep stages.
- Register to take the RST or RPSG Exam.
Discover A-STEP Eligibility
Are the Online Self-Study Modules right for you? Individuals who are eligible include:
- Those who have completed the 80-Hour Introductory Course and passed the 80-Hour Introductory Course Final Exam.
- Technical staff employed at a sleep center that do not hold credentials as an RST, RPSGT, CPSGT, or respiratory therapist with the sleep disorders specialist certification (either CRT-SDS or RRT-SDS).
- Candidates who need to meet the education requirements for the ABSM’s RST or the BRPT’s RPSGT/CPSGT credentialing examinations. For more information on the certification requirements visit the ABSM Pathway E and the BRPT Pathway 1.
- Technicians that are required to retake the modules to meet current eligibility requirements with the BRPT, ABSM or the state medical board. Contact the specific board for more information on their requirements.
A-STEP has Sleep Technology Approved Resource, or STAR Status, with the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) and the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT). A-STEP has STAR status as both SELF-STUDY (RST Pathway E, RPSGT/CPSGT Pathway 1) and FOCUSED (RST Pathway B, CPSGT Pathway 3 and RPSGT Pathway 4).
Modules can be purchased individually or as a bundle:
For those who have completed the 80-Hour Introductory Course and passed the final exam, the cost is:
$20* - per module
$500 - module bundle
For those who have not completed the 80-Hour Introductory Course and passed the final exam, the cost is:
$30 - per module
$750 - module bundle
*This discount is a one-time offer and does not apply if the trainee is required to re-take the Online Self-Study Modules.
Get started today!